Welcome to High Flight Adventures! highflight.ca

HEY!!! this blog is about flying, and having fun... I want to express to our former campers, and our future campers how much fun aviation is!!!! "Skidmk" (pronounced skid mark, don't ask)


Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why High Flight Adventures?

The question does come up quite often. So, I'll try and answer it. My love with everything airplane started when I was very young (6ish) when I flew overseas to Germany with my folks. (dad was in the airforce and was posted there)

So,,,, I've loved airplanes most of my life!! Fastforward to 1999 and I took my Son and my buddy Steve to Oshkosh Wisconsin. Oshkosh is the largest gathering of general aviation aircraft, and the hook was further "sunk in". Well, while we were there I toured the EAA (www.eaa.org) museum and found out about their kids program Kids Venture. Looked into it, and figured I needed to do this here in Canada.

Fastforward again, starting helping out with Carkey's football team in 1999 and really enjoyed working with young people. I loved interacting with them, teaching skills, and watching them get better. The really fun part for me, was watching self-esteem grow because they knew they could do the drills we were teaching them.

Well, I coached Carkey for 5 years of football, then I had to stop due to scheduling conflicts. Problem,, I really missed coaching.

So,,,, how do I get myself back on track helping,teaching,coaching. Well.... start a camp of course!!!

So thats pretty much it.

Good night!

Skidmk

No comments: